Monday, November 4, 2013

Sick Season

This Last month
Once again 'tis the season of sneezing and coughing and once again I fail to avoid it. I've spent the last few weeks sick with any number of things and it's such a relief to see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

With all of the extra time I had while sick, you'd think I would have jumped on getting some work done. Let's be honest, I was sick! Who likes to do chores and homework when you're ill? 

No, I laid around and whined about little things like the biggest baby and begged my dear roommates to do things for me. They did their best to help me out, but 2 of them ended up sick themselves with their own illnesses and then we were all just a pile of contagion sipping on hot drinks and crying our eyes out to Grey's Anatomy and adorable movies. It was pathetic, really. 

Thanksgiving Break
I'm just counting down the days until Thanksgiving break! I don't want homework, tests, essays; I want a break from all that noise! I took a short course in August so I've been here 2 weeks longer than the majority of the student body and I'm just burnt out. Here I am, a junior in college, sitting in a freshman level Speech Communication class and what am I doing? Blogging. I spread out my Gen-Ed's to keep my semesters pretty light and I don't regret it, but that doesn't mean I pay much attention in Speech and Physical Science. 

Not only am I excited to be away from all the work, but it's healthy to get a break from the people you live with. But that's not my biggest joy with this coming break. What I am most excited about for this coming break is that my sister-in-law is supposed to have her baby the day before Thanksgiving. We're just hoping she's not late because we have to head back home that next Sunday and 11 hour trips aren't fun to make more than twice in one week. I'm excited to be an aunt for the first time and I can not wait to welcome little Zachary to our big, crazy family!

Now
And here comes chapel, people, I'll revise, update, and add later. 

No comments: