Monday, January 19, 2009

Woops...

So...I'm a little slower than i thought =P. Well I'm here now and hat's what really counts, yes? Nothin much new here except some crazy weather, I went to a 16th birthday party, our kitty Mimi destroyed a few plants and ripped open a wall, the family attended a soup and chili night at church, and I managed to scrounge together a few barely-pass-worthy essys. Besides that, all's the same. But here's a few quotes to live and breath by =D.
  • I phoned my dad to tell him I had stopped smoking. He called me a quitter.
-Steven Pearl

  • Be a fountain, not a drain.
-Rex Hudler

  • The trouble with jogging is that, by the time you realize you're not in shape for it, it's too far to walk back.
-Franklin P. Jones

  • What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
-Albert Pine

  • I'm very pleased with each advancing year. It stems back to when I was forty. I was a bit upset about reaching that milestone, but an older friend consoled me. 'Don't complain about growing old - many, many people do not have that privilege.'
-Earl Warren

  • The only reason I made a commercial for American Express was to pay for my American Express bill.
-Peter Ustinov

  • Whatever you think, be sure it is what you think; whatever you want, be sure that is what you want; whatever you feel, be sure that is what you feel.
-T. S. Eliot

  • It is very difficult to know people and I don't think one can ever really know any but one's own countrymen. For men and women are not only themselves; they are also the region in which they are born, the city apartment or the farm in which they learnt to walk, the games they played as children, the old wives' tales they overheard, the food they ate, the schools they attended, the sports they followed, the poets they read, and the God they believed in. It is all these things that have made them what they are, and these are the things that you can't come to know by hearsay, you can only know them if you have lived them.
-W. Somerset Maugham

  • Letting your customers set your standards is a dangerous game, because the race to the bottom is pretty easy to win. Setting your own standards--and living up to them--is a better way to profit. Not to mention a better way to make your day worth all the effort you put into it.
-Seth Godin

  • When you make a mistake, there are only three things you should ever do about it: admit it, learn from it, and don't repeat it.
-Paul "Bear" Bryant

  • If it is to be, it is up to me
-Unknown

  • It is better to be unfaithful than to be faithful without wanting to be.
-Brigitte Bardot

  • This is not a novel to be tossed aside lightly. It should be thrown with great force.
-Dorothy Parker, book review

  • I love my kids, but I wouldn't want them for friends.
-Janet Sorensen

  • For most folks, no news is good news; for the press, good news is not news.
-Gloria Borger

  • I stopped believing in Santa Claus at age six when my mother took me to see him in a store and he asked for my autograph.
-Shirley Temple Black

  • Behind almost every woman you ever heard of stands a man who let her down.
-Naomi Bliven

  • If it weren't for baseball, many kids wouldn't know what a millionaire looked like.
-Phyllis Diller

  • It is really asking too much of a woman to expect her to bring up her husband and her children too.
-Lillian Bell

Hope you enjoyed =P

1 comment:

Tina said...

Cool blog...I love all the quotes you've listed!!