Sunday, November 15, 2009

I'm an Official Slacker

I've been gone for what seems like forever, i dont have long of course, so heres some quotes and from now on my goal is to try to atleast get on once a week =D

  • A good marriage is one which allows for change and growth in the individuals and in the way they express their love.
    -Pearl Buck
  • In your clothes avoid too much gaudiness; do not value yourself upon an embroidered gown; and remember that a reasonable word, or an obliging look, will gain you more respect than all your fine trappings.
    -Sir George Savile
  • People who ask our advice almost never take it. Yet we should never refuse to give it, upon request, for it often helps us to see our own way more clearly.
    -Brendan Francis
  • Never tell evil of a man, if you do not know it for certainty, and if you know it for a certainty, then ask yourself, 'Why should I tell it?'
    -Johann K. Lavater
  • No sword bites so fiercly as an evil tongue.
    -Sir Philip Sidney

And in Honor of Bill Cosby <3>


That married couples can live together day after day is a miracle that the Vatican has overlooked.

The essence of childhood, of course, is play, which my friends and I did endlessly on streets that we reluctantly shared with traffic.

The past is a ghost, the future a dream, and all we ever have is now.

Love you Bill Cosby--Congratulations on your award!

I am not the boss of my house. I don't know when I lost it. I don't know if I ever had it. But I have seen the boss's job and I do not want it.

Human beings are the only creatures that allow their children to come back home.

Gray hair is God's graffiti.

My father confused me. From the ages of one to seven, I thought my name was Jesus Christ!

I wasn't always black... There was this freckle, and it got bigger and bigger

Through humor, you can soften some of the worst blows that life delivers. And once you find laughter, no matter how painful your situation might be, you can survive it

Women don't want to hear what you think. Women want to hear what they think -- in a deeper voice

The three ingredients of a successful union between two . . . humor, commitment & undying love

You know the only people who are always sure about the proper way to raise children? Those who've never had any.

I want to die before my wife, and the reason is this: If it is true that when you die, your soul goes up to judgment, I don't want my wife up there ahead of me to tell them things


No comments: