Friday, November 2, 2012

Personal Purpose


"The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O Lord, endures forever..." (Psalm 138:8a).  

I personally have been going through a lot of things lately that I wish I wasn't. I've been feeling overwhelmed, confused, nostalgic, tired... And it's seemed like no matter where I turn, that trouble, that worry, those aggravations, they're all there with their eyes on me. This morning I felt especially burdened and then I saw the scripture above on Twitter. What a wonderful reminder! God has his purpose for me, of course, but I forget that daily! Like I posted a few days ago, God's love is never failing! It will endure forever! How can I not heave a sigh at that? My worries all but melt away, the tension in my body wanes, even my penetrating headache shrunk in intensity. Such a small verse, what a simple thing to say and yet, it means so much to me. The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me! His steadfast love endures forever! I have a purpose in this life, and God is its master. The purpose I am given by God is delivered to me through his never-ending love for me. So what then is there left to say but this: When you’re feeling down, there is nothing more comforting than knowing that God has a plan for you and his love drives that plan forward. Find peace in that alone!

No comments: