Monday, November 5, 2012

Monday Mentions

While reading my bible yesterday during services, I stumbled upon this passage: 

"The Lord is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you" (Psalm 9:9-10 ESV).

Another glorious reminder that God is our rock and our shield. If we put our faith in him, if we rest all of our trust in him, we cannot go wrong. There is no way to be forsaken by our Lord if all of our trust is in him. I feel like God was reaching out to me when I saw this. It had been one of those days yesterday and I really needed some time with me and God. When I opened my bible and saw that, my heart was set at ease. 

Whatever I go through daily, it is never more than I can handle. There will be troubles and trials but God is always there making sure that we are not given more than we can handle. It's all about will power, isn't it? If I have the strength to trudge through the hard stuff, to put it all on God, then I will come out strong. I will come out victorious! 

No comments: