Friday, October 19, 2012

Hello All!

I have not used my blog in so long... I feel like I've neglected everything. Maybe it's about time I got back to blogging. Since college I haven't found much time for any sort of documentation or journaling but maybe I can change that from now on. No Promises...

Since packing up and heading to Freed-Hardeman University in Henderson, Tennessee, I have been so busy with the constant movement of college. Never is there a dull moment here, never a calm day. There is always something happening, always some event being planned, and always continuous sleepless nights. Even though I never seem to get a break, I absolutely love it here. 

Freed is a christian university and it represents that in so many ways. I can't tell you how much I've grown mentally and spiritually in my year and a half of being here and how much I wouldn't change this opportunity for the world! I'm learning daily by making it through my shortcomings, experiencing different devotionals, and taking on new leadership roles. 

So many people ask me what it's like to go to a school full of people claiming to be Church of Christ and all I have to say is it's wonderful! There is no stronger bond you can have with someone than sharing your spirituality. So many people have told me that "college is where you make friends that will last a lifetime." As much as I believed that and still do, there's more I'd like to add. College IS where you make friends that last a lifetime, but Freed is where you make friends that last beyond this life. There is nothing as encouraging as knowing that the friends I have already share my beliefs. I truly believe that because my friends and I already have our relationship with God as groundwork for our friendship, we can build so much stronger bonds with each other than you could ever imagine!

The choral group that I'm involved with now is designed so that people can hear us sing and also know God. We sing A Capella hymnals and arrangements focused around making a difference, accepting God, and even outlines the struggles we all have in this life. Dr. Gary McKnight, our director has been such an impressionable person on the entire Chorale. Some of the things he's said:

"To be early is to be on time, to be on time is to be late, and to be late is to be left."

"Remember who you are and who's you are!"

"Oh yeah, that's perfect! Print that on a T-shirt!"

I'm loving it here and continuously growing in my spirituality, my faith. 

No comments: